Friday 7 March 2008

Take Off & Landing

Okay, while packing all my stuff, I realised that I find it hard to live light, as in have less things to bring with me. But come on la, Australia oh.. If not, then use up even more money to buy here cause its way more expensive.
----------------
Okay, so I admit that even though I was travelling with my mom and aunt and luggage limit was 70 kg(20kg per pax + 10kg additional), we, or more specifically, I still went overboard. Altogether it was 89.2 kg (check-in luggage only)..I was a bit shocked la but hehe, God did a miracle.
------------------
As you all know, if overweight, need to pay quite a bit of money. So we were 19.2 kilos overweight. Assuming if there was a rm100 charge to every kilo that was overweight, that would be the amount that we would have to pay. Yep, you do the math, that's A LOT of money. But God was with us and we did NOT have to pay a single cent. YAY!
------------------
Also, my mom was persuading the guy at the counter to put more of our luggages as check-in luggage so that we won't have to hand carry so much.
.
---Mom: One more la..Printer only..Very light..2 or 3 kg only..Can la..I put ah..
---Guy: Hah..Erm..*puts the printer together with the other luggages* 3 kg oh.. Ok la..*scratches head*
---Mom: Erm..One more can kah?Radio only..Very light..2 or 3 kg only..Boleh la..Please la..
---Guy: I try first.*weighs it* Its 4kg.
---Mom: About 3kg la..Please la..Very light..
---Guy: Hah..Like dat ah?Erm..*still hesitating*
---Mom: After no radio, my daughter cannot sleep..You sing for her can ah?
---Guy: Hah!I cannot sing oh..Ok la..
---Me: YAY!(in my head)
..
Haha.. Mom.. =)
(not that I can't sleep without the radio)
.
Then after we took the ticket and stuff, the guy said: Did you know that your flight is delayed for 3 hours? At first, we were like:What?! But then we realised that it was actually a good thing.. Because initially we had to transit in Brunei for 3 hours. So now no need to sit there and waste 3 hours. So, I would also count that as a blessing.
------------------
So my mom and I went to the office to get some work done. Then we went to lintas for 'pan man' (not meant to be read in English, or else it sounds like a man who is selling pots and pans). When we had arrived, mom asked me,
.
---Mom: Do you have Malaysian money?
---Me: Aiya,no oh..I left it at home.
---Mom: *smiles*I also forgot to bring,I only have Sing dollars and Aussie dollars.
---Mom *turns to company driver*: Er,(name),saya lupa bawa duit Malaysia oh.Boleh pinjam - - - - - - - - -rm20? Mahu makan dulu bah..
---Driver: *laughs* rm20? Boleh..*hands the money to mom*
---Mom: Ok Ok.Thank you ah..Nanti kau minta dari reception,saya kasih tahu mereka nanti.
.
(was gonna use 'diamu' for 'mereka' but i tried checking the dictionary, not a word, not even indonesian. You guys ever use this word kah? Sam, we got use with kakak before bah kan? Read it out, you might remember)
.
The airport. Its dark because it was evening already. And no, do not be deceived by the tower at the back, its not a short KL tower..
.
.
Yes, I know.. Alot.. That's Uncle Kevin's car, its all filled up.
.
.
Perth is pretty much a dessert, sand and cloudless skies, which causes the big difference in temperatures during the day and night. About 10 degrees(C) I would think. Temperature difference inside and outside the house is also about 10 degrees(when its hot).
First week
Tuesday: 37
Wednesday: 38
Thursday: 41
Friday: 39
Its just starting to get cooler now (beginning of Fall/ Autumn), with a bit of rain here and there. Weather report says 26 degrees today.
.
.
The view while driving form airport to the house (on the freeway, something like highway, without traffic lights). Nice hor.. I like it.. Its like that for a whole stretch, like 10 mins (I think).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oi..ur stuff really banyak la
adui

KimKu said...

haha..memang banyak that happen ma..still got more pics..hehe..

Serena T said...

haha...fuuny la... diamu.. i neva heard before la.. whut rojak eh!! hehe.. i think the apple struddles look tantalizing MMmmMmmmm...

My Visual DNA